Resources to Land Your Dream Job
Beyond available jobs, Upstate South Carolina offers a variety of resources to help you find a rewarding job and grow in your career. Our business community takes pride in its spirit of collaboration and leadership development. We’re high achievers who believe firmly that helping others succeed is time well-spent. Young professional happy hours and networking events are well-attended, and a variety of training and continuing education programs are available to help you accelerate your career potential. So, clip in and start climbing—we’ll be your belay.
Facts + Figures
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS GROUPS IN UPSTATE SC
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES WORKING WITH INDUSTRY
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS IN UPSTATE SC
- Young Professionals
- Technical Training
- Continuing Education
- Leadership Development
Young Professionals Groups
Upstate South Carolina has an active Young Professionals community. From YP groups to networking events and happy hours, there are tons of ways to get involved and tap into professional and social development opportunities. A few resources of note include:
- Anderson Rising – Young Professionals: An initiative of the Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce that helps Anderson residents connect with businesses, organizations and further their leadership in the Anderson community.
- Habitat for Humanity Greenville Young Professionals: Habitat Young Professionals (HBY) seeks to engage socially conscious young professionals in the Greenville area to support the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Latinos United: This young professionals group was formed with the goal to provide role models for young Latinos in the Upstate by promoting community involvement, self-empowerment and education.
- Greenville Chamber Young Professionals Programs: Greenville’s premier young professionals group, founded by the Greenville Chamber. Pulse provides members (ages 22-39) with quarterly networking opportunities, leadership events and special programs. One such program is Pacesetters, a group mentoring program designed to connect high-potential young professionals with successful business leaders.
- Spartanburg Young Professionals (SYP): Spartanburg’s group for young professionals, coordinated through the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce, that engages young adults (ages 21-40) in the Spartanburg community with social, leadership and civic opportunities.
- Upstate Network Young Professionals: A young professionals network coordinated by the Urban League of the Upstate, offering a community environment for professional development, featuring galas, events and workshops on leadership development, financial literacy, and more.
- United Way of Anderson County Young Philanthropists (YP): A passionate group of 20-45 year-old men and women who desire to be leaders and change-makers in our community. The YPs represent the next generation of leaders and philanthropists in Anderson County who will use their time, talent, and treasure to change the odds for families in our community.
- United Way of the Piedmont Young Leaders: The Young Leaders Society is open to young professionals, age 45 or younger, who strive to use their time, talent, and resources to create lasting change in our community.
- YP 20s Greenville: Civic-minded twenty-somethings choose United Way YP20s as their way to give back to and connect with Greenville County. With an annual gift of $500 to United Way, membership in YP20s is the perfect way for young professionals to meet new people, help others and make a real impact in our community.
Upstate South Carolina is home to a nationally recognized technical college system and world-class research and incubator facilities to support skills training and innovation. Whether you’re looking for a new technical skill or a career in research and development, Upstate SC offers a variety of resources, including:
- Center for Manufacturing Innovation (CMI): Part of Greenville Technical College, CMI is gives students the tools needed to succeed in advanced manufacturing careers with an innovative curriculum featuring integrated project-based learning experiences on real-world projects.
- SC Technical College System: At the state level, the SC Technical College System works hand-in-hand with its affiliate programs, readySC™ and Apprenticeship Carolina™ to connect companies to customized skills training for employees, as well as to connect students with degree and certificate programs to meet job requirements. Upstate colleges and facilities include:
- Skill UP: Discover in-demand careers that you can can obtain with 12 months or less of training and connect to your closest program.
Graduate and Continuing Education
Home to 26 different colleges and universities, Upstate South Carolina offers attractive opportunities for career advancement through graduate programs and continuing education. Nationally recognized programs are offered in a range of subjects across our robust higher education system, including:
- Clemson University Center for Corporate Learning: Clemson University offers a number of options for continuing education, most notably professional development and executive education courses through the Center for Corporate Learning.
- CU-ICAR: The Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) is an advanced-technology research campus and home to the nation’s only graduate department of automotive engineering.
- Furman University Continuing Education: Furman offers evening undergraduate classes, corporate and professional development, and lifelong learning courses for seniors.
- University of South Carolina Continuing Education: USC offers a range of continuing education resources, from professional education and certificate programs to personal interest courses and test preparation.
- Upstate South Carolina’s Health Education Center: Known as Upstate AHEC, this non-profit organization connects healthcare professionals and students with continuing education, online learning and more to elevate the region’s healthcare profession.
Looking to grow your leadership skills? Upstate SC offers many great options to help you get involved and connect with mentors in the business and local community. Browse some of our local and state leadership development groups below.
Want to move up in your career?
Discover your next professional chapter in Upstate SC.Search for Jobs